Thursday, March 1, 2012

Today was one of those days where getting out of bed seemed like the hardest thing I could possibly do...but when I got to boot camp I found out that getting out of bed was the easiest part of my day. Due to the rain we were inside today which is not nearly as fun as being outside, but I did appreciate staying dry...aside from the beads of sweat that soon dripped down my face. Once a week we do a little thing called tabata training. After doing the chopper warm-up and 10 minutes of cardio hell (which was definitely hell today) we started tabata training. This type of training follows the high intensity interval training that we do throughout the entire boot camp but this one burns so much more. Tabata training only lasts 4 minutes per exercise, 20 seconds all out reps, 10 seconds rest and repeat till you reach the 4 minute mark. I pushed myself harder than I ever thought I could today which made me feel extremely accomplished by the end. After boot camp I felt so accomplished that I went to the gym for an hour. Working out makes me feel so much better about myself and my life no matter what is going on in it. Once I get through a tough workout I feel like I can conquer the day and anything that is thrown at me. 
Someone who has really helped me through the toughest of times at boot camp and the not so tough is my boot camp buddy Brittany. We met on the first day of boot camp and from that moment on we buddied up. She pushes me when I feel like giving up, as I do for her. I have never been able to have a solid workout buddy that I can rely on because all of my friends either think I'm crazy, don't want to workout, or we just have completely opposite schedules. For a while I just thought I was better off working by myself, but now I do not ever want to now workout with Brittany. It is one thing to push yourself but when you have someone else telling you "You can do it," "Don't give up," "Keep going," it makes a huge difference. Nothing has to be accomplished alone. It is hard to find someone with the same crazy level or aspirations as you, but I now know that it is worth it to find that person because you can come to accomplish things you never thought you could. So to all you out there that ever feel like giving up, PUSH HARDER!!!! :) Don't ever give up because you will regret it.


No comments:

Post a Comment