Saturday, March 10, 2012

BENCH MARK TEST 2 WAS A SUCCESS!!

Yesterday marked the end of week 4 of boot camp which meant time to complete the 2nd bench mark test:

 3/4 mile run
100 push ups
100 bent over rows
100 speed curls
100 jump squats
50 squat thrusts 
50 tricep extensions
3/4 mile run


On my first bench mark test my time was 34:30 and I was able to shave off a sufficient amount of time in 3 weeks to complete in 31:10!!! It was such an awesome feeling to know that in just 3 weeks I had improved in so many ways. There are still days where I "feel fat" and get down about myself...those do not just go away instantly when they are something that you are accustomed to. In these times I try to remember what I have been able to accomplish due to my body's abilities. Being able to make it through something like the bench mark test is such a milestone for anyone. Staying positive can be hard at times but it is key to not get down on yourself. When you defeat yourself is when you start to spiral out of control and let all the hard work you've put into what you've done go to waste. You are beautiful inside and out, so do not let your mind distort the image you see in the mirror. 

No comments:

Post a Comment