Wednesday, February 29, 2012

It has been a while since I posted...I am still new at this whole blog thing. Boot camp is going GREAT. My best friend asked me the other day if it was getting easier now that I am in week 3 and I was able to tell her that the boot camp was not getting easier but that I was getting better. I used to look in the mirror every morning and criticize the parts of my body that I thought were fat or ugly but as a new resolution I have actively tried to tell myself to stop doing that if I start to. My friends have been able to see improvement not only in the way I look but my mood as well. Getting up at 5am for a college student Mon-Fri is a struggle, especially when I do not have class Thursday or Friday but it is paying off big time. My arm strength has gotten better as well as my recovery rate at the end of the workout.
Something I have come to realize through personal experience is that you only get out what you put in and you are your biggest critic. The body truly does here what the mind says, takes it personally and reflects those thoughts. I have been able to push myself harder than I expected by keeping simple things in mind throughout the workout: "if I cheat I am only cheating myself," "I haven't fainted, I'm not puking, and I'm still breathing so I can keep going," and my favorite... "Kris comes home in May!!" Kris is my boyfriend who is a soldier in the Army currently deployed in Afghanistan. I cannot wait until he comes home in May and I want to make sure I look great. Although Kris is huge motivation for me to keep going, I am ultimately doing this all for myself. I used to criticize myself to a sick extent and I knew my friends would become beyond irritated with the way I treated myself and talked about my body, but for some reason I just could not stop. There are no reasons to hate my body because it is a beautiful, strong tool that allows me to live my life and do all of the things I do. Time is wasted when it is spent dwelling on things that require action. Telling myself I need to lose weight, get more toned, etc will not get me there, going hard and giving 100% every workout will. I cannot wait until my next benchmark test next Friday to see my improvements.


No comments:

Post a Comment