Monday, March 5, 2012

ANDDD WEEK 4 BEGINS! I have no idea where the last 3 weeks have gone. Waking up at 5am now almost feels normal and when I attempted to sleep in this weekend my body thought 7:30am was a good sleeping in time.

HOLY COW!!! Just when I thought I was getting the hang of this whole boot camp thing...WHAM...slap in the booty! The best slap in the booty ever though. Turns out week 4 of boot camp is the hardest week, because it is the last of this session ending with my 2nd bench marker test on Friday. We did cardio HELL today (jumping jacks, speed squats, skaters, and mountain climbers on repeat cycle until the trainer says stop) and I was less out of breath than last week when we did it. Right after cardio HELL we went into Triplets (3 sets of exercises, 45s each with a small rest between rounds). We did 3 different rounds of triplets which made me think my body parts were falling apart by the end. Getting through today I kept in mind how far I have come. I have realized that I no longer put myself down when I cannot fully achieve a certain exercise. It is okay if you cannot do a certain exercise all out the first time you do it, just means you have another goal to read. Arm strength is something I have always lacked and today we did spiderman push-ups where when you go down for the push-up you bring your knee to your elbow...oh man did those burn sooo GOOD. Although I was unable to do the spiderman push-ups all out, I still did them. I did not give up. People often put themselves down when they cannot perform a task as it is "supposed" to be done, but what really matters is that you truly put forth 100% and do the best you can. In time, if you keep working at it, you will be able to do it. It is such an amazing feeling to be able to see yourself get better at something you first struggled with. My friends ask me why I do boot camp and do not just go to the gym and as much as I hate to admit it, it is because I cannot push myself as hard at the gym as I do at boot camp. Life is hectic and kicking my own butt every day just is not in the cards for me. Going to boot camp there is a structured workout set up for me while I am surrounded by people working to achieve the same exact things. The environment I am in at boot camp gives me the extra push I need to go above and beyond even my own expectations. I always knew I had more potential, but I just never gave myself enough credit thinking that I could only achieve so much. You are only as strong as your weakest thought...so do not have any weak thoughts and you will be stronger than you ever imagined. Get out there and KICK SOME BUTT, believe in yourself, and set higher goals because you CAN accomplish them.




No comments:

Post a Comment