Friday, March 2, 2012

Made it through week 3!! I must admit this week seemed to be a lot tougher than the first 2 weeks, but it feels so good to know that I can still get through it. This month was my trial month for boot camp and I officially signed a contract for 2 more months...it would be 3 but after graduation in May I am not really sure where I will be. The things I feel in my body just give me so much confidence in the way I carry myself. There are parts of my body getting stronger that I never thought would. Today we did a fairly rigorous circuit with the hardest part being "get-ups." Get-ups use every single muscle in your body and by my 3rd time through the circuit my legs could almost not stand up from a lying position, but I pushed through and was able to make it through without having to drop my weight. I definitely struggled today and thought I could not do it, but that is when I stopped myself and said, "HEY, YOU CAN DO THIS!!!" Other things in my life may not be going so great at the moment, but I cannot even begin to describe the amazing feelings I get knowing that I can count on working out to make me feel better about myself and life in general. 
Working out used to be all about getting skinny, looking like this or that thing girl, look good so this person may be attracted to me....NOT ANYMORE.  This is all about me, how I feel in my own skin and being HEALTHY. I want to be healthy so I can live a long life where I am not disadvantaged by my body's capabilities. Sure...having a rockin' bod is the cherry on top of the sundae, but it is no longer the only driving force for my crazy fitness habits. It is crazy how much I have developed as a woman through my years in college. My friends may not understand why I do what I do or why I love it, they may not support it and try to get me to give it up but I just keep telling myself that it doesn't matter what they say because it is something I love to do and I am going to keep doing it. When I look drop dead sexy in a bikini this summer in Vegas, maybe then they'll stop hating lol or not...either way! If there is any kind of advice I can give to people who have those "haters" in their life...it would be to focus on YOU and remember that your own happiness is what matters, if other people can't support what makes you happy then maybe they aren't the best people..or maybe you should just ignore what they have to say in regards to that aspect of life. A good workout will never let you down, criticize you, or make you feel like you are worth less than you are..its does the complete opposite! Ever need motivation to push through those last few reps? Think of all those who say you can't...and show them you CAN.

No comments:

Post a Comment