Wednesday, March 7, 2012

HAPPY HUMP DAY!!!

Half way through week 4 and although I suffered a minor injury I would like to say I am still KILLING IT! Woke up and I could actually walk without my hip flexor hurting, so today was an immediately better day. With exercises involving my legs being limited I focused more today on my arm strength. It is such an indescribably amazing feeling when you realize that you are physically stronger in an area you used to consider your weakest. While everyone went out for the 1/2 mile run I stayed behind and did partner boxing with my trainer. She worked with my for every single modification needed because she knew how important it is to not strain my hip flexor even further. Some people need a Jillian Michaels type trainer, but my trainer is...well...much nicer! Don't get me run, she will push you when she needs to but her gentle nature makes her a fun person to be around and approachable.  Well boot camp was a great start to my hump day!

To make it an even better day I finally went grocery shopping!!! YAY! It has been on my to do list for too many days. I usually shop at Safeway because I use my family's club card and automatically assumed I was getting the best deals. Being a bit of a "health nut"...depending on the week I use that term lightly lol...I have always wanted to shop at Trader Joes but I always thought it was more expensive than Safeway. I did a little research and it turns out that Trader Joes is actually slightly cheaper than Safeway in most product comparisons. Trader Joes buys the food but packages it with their own label, making it cheaper for them to produce and cheaper for us to buy. The environment at Trader Joes is also such a healthy one, yes I get a healthy vibe there lol. I feel like my choices are all closer to the realm of healthy eating than in a large store such as Safeway. When grocery shopping I normally avoid almost anything with a calorie content over 200 because in my mind that was always way too much, but as part of my new attitude I am keeping in mind that I need to eat more to keep my metabolic rate up, esp with all the working out I am doing. It is important to keep in mind that in order to exert the mass amounts of energy we all like to we need to actually give our bodies energy as well. There are so many healthy options out there now-a-days, so no one can use the excuse that healthy food is bland or disgusting. I would love to chat more but I have to go to class..life of a college girl! In the meantime, check out these healthy cooking blogs.
http://www.sixsistersstuff.com/
http://www.skinnytaste.com/
http://www.eatingwell.com/healthy_cooking
http://www.elanaspantry.com/gluten-free-recipes/
http://morganmoore.typepad.com/one_more_moore/2008/06/happy-june.html


No comments:

Post a Comment